Meet The Client: US Veterans Affairs Acquisition Academy (VAAA) Program Management School
The US Veterans Affairs Acquisition Academy (VAAA) was established to address the growing challenge in the acquisition workforce faced by the Department of Veterans Affairs and the entire Federal Government. The VAAA is dedicated to providing comprehensive training for VA’s current and future contracting professionals, program & project managers, as well as facilities and supply chain managers.
The Client’s Goals and Challenges
- Address downsizing and loss of institutional knowledge due to retirements
- Meet increased oversight of the acquisition function across the Federal Government
- Provide comprehensive professional development covering innovation, leadership, team building, communication, interpersonal skills, and specialized expertise
- Provide an online training resource for VAAA, enabling VA personnel to access professional development and training efficiently
- Cover ongoing continuing education goals and certification/licensing requirements
- Offer a user-friendly interface with a wide range of courses and live training events available 24/7
- Host and deploy custom courses created by the VA through the learning portal
- Continuously update with new and relevant courses throughout employees’ service period
- Provide ongoing technical and administrator support
Thanks to the learning environment we provide, hundreds of VA employees successfully complete courses each year. Professionals in various roles, including contracting professionals, program & project managers, and facilities and supply chain managers, benefit from the training solution. Employees holding various Federal certifications, such as FAC-P/PM, FAC-COR, and VA FE/C, enhance their knowledge and meet Continuous Learning requirements through the VAAA’s comprehensive training program. Our solution has played a vital role in equipping VA personnel with the necessary skills and expertise to succeed in their roles and support the Department’s mission effectively.