Meet The Client: CUNY
Spread across 25 campuses, the City University Of New York is one of the most prominent and largest public university systems in the U.S. The institution awards over 50,000 diplomas each year and employs over 33,000 faculty and staff.
The Client’s Goals And Challenges
CUNY’s goal for the project was to develop a custom hands-on, easy-to-access online learning course in end user cybersecurity that:
- Educates CUNY’s constantly shifting workforce and student body about the ongoing cybersecurity threats
- Accommodates for the varying degrees of cybersecurity knowledge among the diverse target audience across 25 campuses
- Provides actionable guidance on how to safeguard the technology and vital information within the organization from external cybersecurity threats.
We designed a CUNY-specific cybersecurity eLearning course that enables the University’s administration to:
- Make it easily accessible for the employees in several different ways, such as the BlackBoard platform and strategically posted links
- Track the employees’ training progress across the different CUNY campuses and colleges through a custom system of progress reports for each employee, developed by ETS
- Educate the students and the academic staff about cybersecurity by repurposing and adjusting the contents of the course
- 10,000+ employees trained
- 1,075 technical IT courses delivered